Which 21st Century skills that are part of Capstone do you think is your weakest?


Creativity: During the early stages of planning, before I had conceived a suitable idea, creativity really seemed like an issue. However, enough stress has pushed me to form my idea, and thus I no longer see creativity as an issue.

Managing ambiguity: Settling and pinning down on a decision has always been a struggle. Many parts of the project have left ambiguous futures that will need to be dealt with. But again, with the push of stress and deadline, I feel that I can 'force' myself to 'do'. 

Planning/time management: Time management is the bane of most teenagers. In the process of maturing, planning and effectively using time is a requisite-level skill that one cannot dismiss entering adulthood. This has historically been my downfall, as work all the way 'til middle school necessitated so little of my time that I had never needed supervision or habit reinforcements. Now in the latter stages of high-school, with a mountain of work ever increasing, time management has proven to be the skill that I need most to hone.

Marshaling resources: In most cases, marshaling resources involves a commitment. Material resources require funding, and asking for personal assistance is a matter of social trust. In any project, resources are the beginning investment that cannot be reversed, and thus require good planning and solid commitment. For my project, I had been bothered by ambiguity and uncertainties which dampened my progress. Eventually, I had decided to devote my entire day to planning and buying the resources: wires, components, breadboard, soldering tools, etc.... A hardship during this process was finding the best site to purchase these materials. Amazon simply did not offer the range of specialized components needed, and Ebay offered month-long shipping from China. Yet the hardest part of this was saying goodbye to my money. Teenagers aren't always cheap or stingy, it's just that they do not have much money (and if they do, that's also a problem). Buying efficiently with cost-effectiveness factored in is definitely the weakest skill I needed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the one trait that you believe to be the most crucial to your success? How has failure been part of your learning?

Project Summary

What are your plans for working on your Capstone during Spring Break?