What have you learned so far?

  So far, I have learned more about the intricacies of resonance based instruments. It was far from the simplicity of merely looping it in with an equation that I had imagined it would be. Nonetheless the concept is still sound and definitely doable.
  I have taken the break and much of this week to arrive at a more flushed out design. I want to have my final 'blueprint' before I go shopping for materials. The new idea now is that on the side of the piping would be a small lever system that would swing a small rubber mallet onto the side of the tube. The triggering mechanism would have a spring and an axis involved, which results in a more simple operating experience instead of the manual 'striking' with the rubber mallets. This further cements the idea that the creation is to be a tuner tool rather than an instrument to be played.
  Short-term goals are finishing my design, getting materials, and starting my build.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the one trait that you believe to be the most crucial to your success? How has failure been part of your learning?

Project Summary

What are your plans for working on your Capstone during Spring Break?